Saturday, December 27, 2014

FINALLY!!!

Yes... Finally.

Of course, nothing is ever really final, is it?

I finally put together most (I hope) of the pile of stuff that I'll need (need?) to start playing My Game of All Games.

I finally got that Wikipedia map printed as a poster to use as an oversize Risk board.


What's Wrong With This Picture? OK, I'm playing an Imagi-Nations campaign starting sometime about mid-century, and all the colors don't match up exactly... What's right with it? 20 bucks, 2 days, in hand. 4/5 colors PERFECT!

I finally got the rulesets that I'll use to resolve the battles as tabletop wargames.


Well-Supplemented: Might and Reason pdf, Volley & Bayonet: Road to Glory (and both SYW supplements), the public library's copy of Black Powder, King of the Battlefield, and Warfare in the Age of Reason (with both supplements).

I got the pile of colored tape that I'm going to use to mark troop deployment and subsequent movement, (as well as the unseen piles of masking, painter's, spike and gaffer's tape that I'm going to use as terrain). And the foam shapes I'm using to mark blocks to LOS or difficult terrain (the hills and the woods).


Dept. of Craftiness: Colored tape to mark battle lines and foam shapes to marks hills and woods. Yes, I'm going all out on the artisanship and attention to minute detail to convey outstanding realism and verisimilitude.

And I also assembled all of the toys and games I plan on using to create the first in a series of My Game of All Games - Rexopolis: Peril & Intrigue!

Yes... Games and Toys! There's just something...foundational... about Red, Yellow, Green, Blue. Plus! The ever-elusive yet once-ubiquitous Lego 6177. Risk, Monopoly and Sorry! Probably my three favorite commercial games, when I was a kid.
OK, it's a Risk campaign on a Wikipedia map, while semi-simultaneously playing Monopoly with all of the content changed, and resolving the battles with Legos instead of actual miniature figures... BUT, I finally have all the pieces!!! Most of them anyway...

So, yes, here we are in the Twelve Days of Christmas, and just as I planned (HA!) I FINALLY have all of the parts to create my monster - MGoAG: Rexopolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment