Sunday, December 28, 2014

MGoAG: Rewriting the Rules

So I started reading the rules for Risk last night. I should say re-reading, since I played quite a bit of Risk as a kid. I glanced through the Monopoly rules the other day, too. And took a look through the rules for Sorry! The most straightforward way to approach this will simply be to take those rules and rewrite them.

Since this is a project for anybody to try, and it's basically just me playing these commercial games in my own way, I offer up these rewritten rules as Open Source, Creative Commons, use 'em as you like, they ain't mine anyway, I'm just messin' around with 'em. Cheers.

I'm going to go re-familiarize myself with these three games so I can play. And by play I mean rewrite the rules. Should be fun.

Also, upcoming: Huge infodump. Notes From the Phone!!!

Stand by for further instructions, as I make them up.

The only picture this time is of the table, which is totally portable, and the pile of stuff, which is likewise portable. My plan has been to play a game made from readily available commercial products. So done and done.

OK, Rexopolis! Rules Rewrite next.

Risk.
Monopoly.
Sorry!
TTWG.
18C.
H&M.
Central Europe.
Decaying Empire.
Imagi-Nations.
REDvsBLUvsYLOvsGRNvsBLK

Completely Portable! Set Up Anywhere! Cheap AND Easy!!!

Paper or Plastic? The pile of cards and cash, and the pile of tokens and dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment